Need air conditioner repair Mississauga? If your AC malfunctions, you could be in an uncomfortable situation. If the heat is a bit too much to take in, don’t sweat it – Furnace Repair Mississauga can help! Our expert AC technicians provide central AC HVAC services such as installation, repairs, and maintenance.
How to Troubleshoot Air Conditioners?
- Check the thermostat: Confirm that the thermostat is set to AC mode. Make sure it’s not at heat or fan only.
- Inspect the circuit breaker: Ensure that the unit is not tripped and no internal fuse issues. If there are, contact us ASAP!
- Clean dirty filter: A dirty filter creates strain on your unit, causing the AC to work harder than usual. Clean the filter regularly for better cooling performance.
- Check inside the vents: Ensure that no obstructions prevent your air from reaching you.
- Examine frozen coils: If your unit is outside, a frozen coil could cause it to malfunction. Remove any ice attached to the coils and system, then try switching the AC on again.
What Are the Usual AC Problems?
- Leaking Water: A leaky AC unit will have you out of cool, fast! If you spot leaking water from your air conditioner, try locating its source. Overflow can cause severe damage to surrounding areas. Call us if it’s a continuing problem!
- Compressor malfunctioning: The compressor fails due to age or low-quality repairs. Call us to check your compressor and replace the faulty one, if necessary.
- Refrigerant leak: A refrigerant leak will cause your AC to work harder than usual to reach desired temperatures. Contact us to inspect the whole system and repair any leak.
- Noise during operation: A knocking sound from the AC usually means something is wrong with your unit’s inner components. It could indicate problems with the fan, lubricant levels, or bearings – so don’t hesitate to call us!
- No cooling: Your AC might fail to cool if the condenser is clogged with dirt and debris. Call us to inspect your unit thoroughly and clean any blockages that might be affecting its performance.
When is a Damaged Air Conditioner System an Emergency?
- If your AC is around ten years old, it could be on its last legs! Your unit might not have the capacity to cool your home anymore. It will undoubtedly make your life miserable if you continue using it!
- A low refrigerant level leaves your AC unit struggling to keep up with cooling demands. If it’s still working, this means that the pressure inside the system is too low.
- The compressor might stop working if there’s a refrigerant leak. Your unit will stop cooling if the compressor fails, so contact a professional immediately!
- If your AC suffers a severe problem, you should call us immediately! A refrigerant leak or compressor malfunction could cause your AC to fail. If the unit is outside, it might freeze in cold weather.
Some of the situations that we consider as non-emergencies are:
- If your thermostat is not working, it may not be an urgent matter. If you can still hear your AC functioning, it will switch on once the temperature in your home rises.
- Don’t panic if your AC is making loud noises but still feels cold. Loud fans could be normal if there’s no water leakage or a refrigerant leak. If the noise levels don’t go down over time, that’s an emergency.
- If your AC is blowing hot air but still feels cold, it could mean that the refrigerant level is too low. Don’t worry – you won’t have to get a new unit just yet! Let us check out the system and recharge any refrigerant.
- There’s no need to call us immediately if you find your AC leaking water. Allow the unit to dry out, switch it off, and then contact us for a diagnosis.
- Don’t panic if your outside compressor shuts down due to low voltage or power surges. It could be a minor issue that needs immediate attention, but we don’t consider it an emergency.
How to Prevent Air Conditioner Repair Emergencies?
- 1 to 3 years: After first installing a new unit or servicing an AC
- 4 to 7 years: For AC units that are running for more than three summers
- 8 to 10 years: AC units with moderate usage and those that have been in service for at least five years
Why Hire Furnace Repair Mississauga For Your Air Conditioner Repair Mississauga Needs?
- Repair all central ACs
- Emergency AC services
- Same-day air conditioner service
- Maintenance plan options
- No hidden charges
- 100% customer satisfaction
- No overtime charges
- Your home remains clean.