What Types of Furnaces Should You Purchase?
Before purchasing a new furnace, you should go through various reviews to select the best furnace unit. You can read reviews on popular websites to know which brand of furnace offers the highest quality.
What Things Should You Consider When Installing a New Furnace?
When Should You Replace Your Furnace?
- The furnace is more than ten years old: Furnaces have a lifespan of up to 20 years before you must replace them. However, most furnaces are replaced long before they reach their life expectancy. If you had your furnace more than ten years ago, it might be time to install a new furnace.
- Inconsistent heat: This results from wear and tear within the furnace. You can determine if your furnace is producing uneven heat by switching it on during different times of the day, like early morning, mid-day, and late evening. If your home is consistently cold or hot during these periods, then it may be time to install a new furnace.
- Produces strange noises: Frequently, you will be able to determine whether your furnace is making strange noises by listening at night when your home is quiet. If you can hear a constant rattle or whooshing sound, then it may be time to look into furnace replacement.
- Needs constant repairs: It is common for furnaces to experience minor issues during the life of the operation. However, if you are experiencing furnace repairs regularly, you should consider buying a new furnace.
- Increasing energy bills: When you notice your energy bills rising, it may be time to replace your furnace. If you have performed some of the maintenance tasks listed above and are still experiencing high energy bills, you may need to consider a new furnace.